Tuesday 13 March 2012

Black tie

Glittery French tips.
Tuxedos in progress.
Black tie nails.
On Saturday night I went to a friend's graduation ball. T'was a fancy affair and so it called for some fancy fingertips.

I somehow managed to trick the graduand into cancelling her nail appointment with a qualified beautician and   to let me have a go instead. After overlooking my rainbow of a polish collect, she opted for plain old French tips - with a wee streak of glitter to match her newly acquired engagement ring.

For my own nails, I went for a set of little tuxedos, inspired by Zooey Whats-Her-Face on the red carpet for that award ceremony she went to a while back. I don't usually like wearing fake nails, but it was easier to paint these and then stick 'em on then try and keep a steady left hand. I have no idea how people wear these on a regular basis. Getting into - and consequently out of - my dress was a bit of a nightmare. Still, no loss of dexterity, no gain. As they say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment